Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Date Night

I am desperately trying to finish up my work so I can go home for Date Night. But I promised myself I would dedicate just a little bit of time to myself, and blogging helps keep me borderline sane, so here I am...

I suppose top of mind is that I am really thankful for Wife these days. She has actually been a royal pain, but even when she is cranky and somewhat mean, I know I can count on her to take care of the Kids, the house, the animals, etc. I am extremely fortunate that when work gets hectic and/or pregnancy takes over my brain, I don't have to worry about a lot of things. Sure, I still have a ton on my personal to-do list, including battling with insurance about 2010 charges and reimbursements, starting/finishing taxes (urgh!) and random other "nits," but I can't imagine having to do all that on top of cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc. So I am going to try to be very thankful and nice on this Date Night and leave my overwhelmed self at work.

That said, and it wouldn't be an honest post if I left it off, I can't wait until Wife can feel the baby kick because maybe then she will get off my back about needing to sit down and wanting to sleep with 4 pillows and the other pregnancy-related changes I have made. Kinda sick of the not-so-gentle teasing. And eye rolling. The "tone" can go too.

But I love her, so I will try to focus on behaving. And having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment