Thursday, December 16, 2010

One Week Until Ultrasound

So what is it going to be - one, two or three? Everyone keeps asking me if I have a sense. Of course they mean well, but this drives me crazy. Only because I don't have a sense, and I so wish I did. I feel like I missed out on sensing I was pregnant because of the progesterone I was taking. Of course I felt pregnant, but I couldn't say whether that feeling was from injections or because I was in touch with my body. And now I have another opportunity to feel what is going on inside me. And I am clueless. Seriously, how does 5w4d feel different for one compared with for two? I have nothing to compare it to anyway. And so I have to just take a random guess, because they want to hear something. So I say that I think it may be two, I am hoping for one (which is kinda true), but I don't think it is three.

But all I have to say is that it is a good thing I got pregnant a several weeks ago. For the past two weeks nobody in my house has slept due to colds, fevers and ear infections. And this has made my house a very yucky place to be. The kids are crying at the drop of a hat. They have no emotional control. And after hours of listening to them screaming, neither do Wife and I. We are all in serious need of a vacation from illness. Instead I think we are going to carry these germs with us right into the new year - I just don't see how we would be able to stop long enough to rest up and get better. Too many trips coming up. Fun trips, but is it wrong of me to be a little nervous about hanging out with in-laws without alcohol?

At least by then we will know the number so people can start asking about names rather than what I am feeling.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, got here from LFCA. (Late, obviously, but still.)

    I hope that your scan went well and that things are progressing beautifully.

    ReplyDelete