Monday, January 10, 2011

Elastic pants with really big tummy covers

Yesterday was my last progesterone coochie pill. Can a get a woohoo? I think this means I am officially pregnant for real. Of course, I have to get blood work tomorrow to confirm that I am creating enough hormones on my own, but I feel good that I am. I wonder if I will feel less nauseated when I am on my own hormones. A girl can dream.

9w1d and things still going well. I had another ultrasound last Friday. "Kidney Bean" or "KB" measured in at 8w4d, just as he or she should. I can't believe how much KB is starting to look like a little baby. I say little arm buds and leg buds and that wonderfully sparkling heartbeat. I have an appointment with the midwife tomorrow to transfer from the IVF clinic to mainstream care. That means another ultrasound! 

Wife went out last week and bought me a whole bunch of maternity clothes. Mostly pants. I feel silly wearing them because I am not technically showing yet. I am just bigger -- putting on a few pounds due to eating to avoid tossing my cookies and the weight does seem to have distributed differently. I asked the one co-worker who knows I am pregnant to tell me when I stopped "passing as fat" so I can tell my boss before it is too obvious. She said she sees no difference, but asked if perhaps my boobs were bigger. They are. She cautioned me because in her experience men don't notice when tummies get bigger, just when boobs do. So I am wearing jackets and minimizing my top at work. At home, I put on the pants with the elastic waist and go to town. They may not be attractive but they are super comfortable. Plus they make me feel pregnant. So while I may not completely need them, they sure are fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment